The foundation of the RR lives in our AFAA accredited musicality training for fitness professionals called The Beat Clinic. The only course of it’s kind in the industry today, the Beat Clinic, is a fully loaded comprehensive continuing education that thoroughly explains what it means to effectively “tap into the senses” when leading any fitness class. It’s main focus and perhaps the most important component is musicality, playlist construction and the appropriate applications for any fitness modality. Tune into your own unique beat and further develop your musical voice by becoming fully versed in today’s evolved music industry; it’s offerings and how to navigate through it all with ease.
Our aim is not intended to replace any existing teaching format. The RR was created to simply elevate fitness professionals by providing them with the up to date industry tools that inspire mindful class creation.
Highlights from the course:
- The importance of “WHY”
- What it looks like to be a teacher vs. instructor
- The scientific correlation between music and physical movement.
- The importance of creating VIBE.
- What beat, tempo and rhythm really look like in class and the importance of each.
- Different beats within a song and how they relate to the “heartbeat” of your class.
- How to identify song structures, their parts and how they apply in creating various fitness profiles with ease.
- The sometimes distinct and subtle differences of today’s evolved music genres and how they apply specifically to certain drills and/or exercises.
- How and WHERE to really tune in and discover the freshest music around.
- How to efficiently CUE on time and in the right places.
- How to effectively construct format specific playlists that flow, make sense and deliver authentic experiences.
The teacher training is AFAA Accredited with 4.5 CEU's. It's been taught in Canada, Colorado and will be taught in numerous states throughout the Fall/Winter 2015/16
Scheduled trainings below: